Latching solenoids come equipped with a permanent magnet, exhibiting magnetic attraction between the plunger and pole piece with no electrical power applied.
Latching solenoids are well suited to applications where the “moving” time is very short compared to holding time in the closed position. Latching solenoids are also ideal in applications where either the open position or the closed (pulled in) position must be held for prolonged periods of time.
Latching Solenoids are extremely well suited to locking mechanisms. They can be driven in either direction and can hold in either end position with no power applied. A short power pulse is all that’s needed to stimulate movement.
Characteristics and Benefits of Latching Solenoids:
• Zero power consumption
• Power dissipation (heat) is zero in holding position
• No radiated electrical noise
• End position can be held without power
• Holding force up to 36N (in end position, no current)
• Stroke up to 15mm (depending on type)
• Bistable versions (dual coil) available
• Special version available for higher actuation force (lower holding force)
• Life expectancy up to >5 million cycles
• Miniature versions: From 4 x 8 x 15mm (custom designs even smaller)
• Numerous mechanical options
Worldwide Customer Service
+1 803 549 6422
South Carolina (USA)
+81 45 662 9705
We're here to help - Contact Geeplus today!
Follow us on Social Media
Next Generation Motion Control Solutions!
Triple Two Centre, Tannery Close Beckenham, BR3 4BY, UK
©Geeplus Holdings 2019, All Rights Reserved
Offices in Europe | USA | Asia